Monday, February 6, 2012

MAKEOVER MONDAYS--PART 2 OFFICE/CRAFT ROOM MAKEOVER

Hello!

You may remember Part 1 of the office/craft room makeover that I posted about a week ago, if not you can find it here. Part 2 of the office/craft room makeover is the addition of a new functional piece of furniture to organize all my craft supplies. The before pictures below show one wall with an old entertainment center filled with all sorts of crafting and office supplies with no particular organization.




The window side of the room with the treadmill, which obviously couldn't be used without moving a bunch of things off of it.




This picture is really just to show you where the new piece of furniture is going to end up.




Here is the new piece of furniture I found at the Junk Barn Girls this last summer. This piece is solid built and has lots of character! It had already been refinished in a black pottery barn style that I love! I got it for the grand total of $100--WHAT A STEAL!




The inside is very cool and unique for organizing. Reminds me of an old post office sorting box.




Here it sits in its place.




The bags on top were purchased from Thirty One. My theme in this room is black and white with the green accents. These bags are great for storing fabric and projects. Also makes it easy to throw a project in one to take on the road. The bag on the right has all sorts of great utility pockets for my sewing supplies and easily fits my sewing machine when I need to pack it up off my desk.




When you open the doors, this is what you see. It is still a bit like organized chaos in my mind, but when I finish Part 3 of this entire makeover, we will revisit organizing some of these cubicles.




This is the inside and bottom two drawers. Again, lots of chaos, just wanted to show you that lots got moved into there. This will get organized a bit better also with some great ideas and techniques that I plan to show you in Part 3.






You can see from the pictures below that a lot of the stuff from that entertainment center got moved and organized into that one piece of furniture. It was a major improvement!




Part 3 of the makeover will cover how I plan to re-purpose this old entertainment center and further use it to organized this room. Hopefully you won't even recognize it! Cannot wait to share it with you! Stay tuned for part 3, unfortunately it will be closer to march before I can get this project finished.


Heather



1 comment:

  1. Good work on that home office makeover. Love how stuff are being arranged according to those drawers.

    ReplyDelete