Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WHATEVER WEDNESDAY- PHOTOGRAPHY OF FOG AND FROST

Hello! A few weeks ago we woke to some serious fog and amazing frost that lasted for days. I just LOVE capturing these kinds of natural phenomenons with a camera. I admit though, that I am a total novice when it comes to photography.




These pictures where taken with my Olympus Stylus 850 SW 8.0 megapixel camera, which generally does the job for most casual photographing. However, even though some of these pictures turned out beautifully, they did not actually capture the true vision that I was looking at with my own eyes.


Above and below are close up pictures of an autumn maple tree I planted last summer. It was amazing to me that each one of those spikes were about an inch or more in length! Had I been able to zoom out more, you would definitely get a clearer picture of the size.


Below is a close up of our sycamore tree. The frost was just amazing to see here too, but this was all the further I could zoom in. This sycamore tree is the same tree in the barn picture above.


These pictures prompted me to finally make the jump to a more professional digital SLR camera. I purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18. I am hoping to be able to capture the detail that you can see in the second set of pictures of the autumn maple without having to zoom in and miss out on the rest of the picture. The photographer that does my family portraits helped me pick out a camera that would suit my needs, but not something that was not so impractically out of my league and purpose. So over the course of the next year or more I plan to post more pictures and photography tutorials as I get acquainted with my new camera!

Have a great day!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment