Tuesday, January 31, 2012

TODDLER TUESDAY- NAME BLOCKS


Hello! These name blocks were one of my very first attempts to be crafty, but they did turn out to be so cute!




I purchased the pre-cut, beveled edge blocks and the green with pink polka dot ribbon at Craft Warehouse.  Drilled two holes at the top of each block (to run the ribbon through later for hanging).  Then I double coated all the blocks with a pink Folk Art craft paint using a foam pad paint brush, both purchased from Walmart.  I stuck on vinyl lettering, a decorative flower and butterfly that I had cut with my Cricut machine (this part could easily be replaced by using a stencil with spray paint for those of you who don't own a Cricut). Lastly, I cut pieces of ribbon and laced through the holes, tying knots to make a loop, then hung them from a nail. Very simply done!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment